proposed language change to int/int==float (was: PEP0238 lam

Mikael Olofsson mikael at isy.liu.se
Wed Jul 25 03:41:02 EDT 2001

On 25-Jul-2001 Andy Salnikov wrote:
 >    To many of us, programmers, 1/2 is 0 with 1 as a reminder:) We are like
 >  children, and any child will say _for sure_ that 1 cookie for two children
 >  means one cookie for 1 child and 0 cookies for another:)

Sorry, that throws an exception (i.e. one of the children gets mad). One
cookie for two children means 0 cookies for both children, since mom or
dad did not serve that one cookie at all. After all that is the meaning
of 1/2 being 0 with 1 as a remainder.

Then-again-some-cookies-can-be-cut-in-pieces-ly y'rs

/Mikael

E-Mail:  Mikael Olofsson <mikael at isy.liu.se>
WWW:     http://www.dtr.isy.liu.se/dtr/staff/mikael
Phone:   +46 - (0)13 - 28 1343