Two Simple Qs:

newgene newgene at bigfoot.com
Tue Jul 17 14:19:51 EDT 2001

I am quite new to python. I have 2 simple questions:

1. How can I run a simply Python script under IDLE directly? I wrote a
start.py to do some routine work, like importing some medules and
adding my working path into sys.path, before I start to work. This
script is just like a macro or batch file under DOS. Now I have to
open this file and then run it. I hope python have a statement can run
it directly( maybe like 'run start.py').

2. When I made some modification of my own module after I import this
module,python can not recognized the modified module even I import it
again. It raised the same error msg, but gave me the error line
actually I have corrected, that is , it run as the old module but
display the error from the newer module file. I have to restart python
environment and import again, then my module run correctly. Is this a
bug? And how to resolve it?

Thank you.

Newgene