re bad leadership

Robin Becker robin at jessikat.fsnet.co.uk
Thu Jul 26 14:33:43 EDT 2001

In message <26072001.2 at wanderer.local.jae.dyndns.org>, Jürgen A. Erhard
<juergen.erhard at gmx.net> writes

>    Robin> it doesn't matter what the leadership says is right. The
>    Robin> popular vote is against the stupid float '/' operator.
>
>Robin, has it ever occured to you that the majority might be *for*
>that change?  But because we feel Guido *will* implement that change,
>we don't see a need to speak up.

sure it has, but this is a process. If no one says anything then it will
go through on the nod; even polite discussion doesn't seem to get
through. After ranting a bit it seems that there are quite a few people
of a similar persuasion. Change for change's sake is just plain wrong
and as I've said many times I don't want this marvellous language to
become a theoretician's language; it's too useful for that.

C style division may not have many nice properties, but it sure gets the
job done; many algorithms like to partition their index sets.
--
Robin Becker