Eliminating upgrade risk

Guido van Rossum guido at python.org
Fri Jul 27 14:00:08 EDT 2001

James Logajan <JamesL at Lugoj.Com> writes:

> I've checked the Google archives, and I've come to the conclusion that you
> are of the position that anyone who doesn't constantly upgrade should not be
> supported, in the sense that if they report bugs, write books about Python,
> or ask for porting assistance, their questions will all be answered with
> "Upgrade first, then we'll talk". Is that basically correct?

Since you don't pay him for fixing bugs or answering questions, what's
wrong with Tim's desire to avoid discussing things that have been
fixed already?

Maybe here's a business for somebody: maintain old versions of Python.
I don't think that PythonLabs has the manpower of financial resources
to add this to our already growing list of tasks.

Or maybe you want to become a platinum sponsor of the PSF?