Python CGI speed on MacOS X

John Abbe johnca at DIESPAMmac.com
Tue Jul 17 16:56:26 EDT 2001

I'm running MacOS X on a PowerBook G3 400MHz, and have Python 2.1
installed (from http://tony.lownds.com/macosx/).

Running some python stuff for CGI (PikiePikie -- see pikie.darktech.org --
it's a cgi script and a bunch of modules; .pyc files have been generated).

It's very slow (about 6-7 seconds every time i click). Serving regular
pages is plenty fast, and PikiePikie at the above address is pretty fast
(a Linux box). Is there any obvious (or inobvious) advice for speeding
this up?

Appreciatively,
John

--
             We've been waiting seven years for real Mac on Unix.
                            Get the most out of it!