Typing system vs. Java

Courageous jkraska1 at san.rr.com
Tue Jul 31 13:27:29 EDT 2001

>I would probably only use it in small computational functions that I
>could efficiently compile.

By and large this is nothing a good optimizing JIT can't handle
without static typing information. QKS is getting a 10-100X improvement
in Python execution speeds without modifying the Python language.
http:\\www.smallscript.com. Execution times within 1-2X of C.

>For performances, sake another nice addition would be the introduction
>of the "homogenous" sequence.

This I can agree with.

>Does anyone else think this could be a good idea???

Sure. Pretty easy to implement yourself, of course, saving the first-class
language support. Although one can imagine something like:

var = []!

C//