amkCrypto/mxCrypto on Win32 with Visual C++

Steve Holden sholden at holdenweb.com
Mon Jul 2 20:56:35 EDT 2001

Itamar Shtull-Trauring was kind enough to send me the following, which is
good news for all Windows Python would-be cryptographers:

> I've got this (compiled for 2.0 and the source needed to compile for
> non-2.0 versions of Python) at http://itamarst.org/downloads/. Could you
> forward this on to the list without my email? (don't want to get spam :).

His email is ... [only joking]. Itamar's web site says:

"""amkCrypto-0.1.3-win32.zip - the amkCrypto package compiled for Windows.
Includes the necessary OpenSSL DLLs (v.0.9.6a) and updated source code so
you can compile it yourself."""

You will, of course, require the OpenSSL and the Python source headers in
order to do this, and the setup.py requires source. Just dropping the Crypto
directory from the distribution in uner my Python root appeared to do the
trick for a binary installation, however.

regards
 Steve
--
http://www.holdenweb.com/