Importing XML modules in py2exe or Installer?

Gregory P. Smith greg at electricrain.com
Tue Jul 17 21:19:40 EDT 2001

On Sat, Jul 14, 2001 at 05:04:38PM +0000, Gustaf Liljegren wrote:
> Gordon McMillan <gmcm at hypernet.com> wrote:
>
> >Doesn't help to use py2exe args with Installer!
>
> Sorry, misunderstood this first. Haven't used ConfigParser before.
>
> >Edit myscript.cfg and put
> >packages=_xmlplus
> >in the PYZ section.
>
> It don't work. Here's what I have done:

I hack that I don't really recommend, but that does work: rename the
_xmlplus subdirectory from the pyxml installation to xml.  (move any
old tiny xml directory that python came with out of the way).  We've
been doing this to package mojo nation successfully with both gordons
and py2exe.  [we did that for other historical reasons unrelated to
packaging but it worked for packaging as a side effect]

-G