Newbie list question

Aahz Maruch aahz at panix.com
Sun Jul 15 00:56:23 EDT 2001

In article <13c69f60.0107130843.5cd7dc38 at posting.google.com>,
Matthew Alton <Matthew.Alton at Anheuser-Busch.COM> wrote:

>I am a UNIX/C programmer w/15y experience.  Forgive me if my neural
>pathways are all about following pointers.  The adjustment to
>Python-think is bumpy but I'll get by with a little help from my
>friends, eh?

Python becomes much easier to understand once you switch from
"variables" and "references" to "names" and "bindings".  A name in
Python is bound to an object.  Every time you execute the assignment
statement, the name gets re-bound.  All objects are global; names exist
in namespaces.

Hugs and backrubs -- I break Rule 6                 http://www.rahul.net/aahz/

"How come we choose from just two people for President but more than 50
for Miss America?"  --AEN