pb with xmlrpclib

Skip Montanaro skip at pobox.com
Fri Jul 6 11:27:10 EDT 2001

    Alexandre> However, right now, I'm just using xmlrpc as a nice, quick
    Alexandre> and lightweight way of doing rpc between two python
    Alexandre> applications. (if someone can suggest another method, as easy
    Alexandre> as this one, I'll be glad to give it a try).

You can always wrap your strings as base64 and pass them that way.

    >>> server.echo(xmlrpclib.Binary('\231'))[0]
    <xmlrpclib.Binary instance at 815d090>

You might also want to search the archives of the XML-RPC mailing list:

The whole subject of non-ASCII content in XML-RPC has been hashed and
rehashed repeatedly.  Bottom line is that Dave Winer of Frontier (XML-RPC's
analog to our BDFL) doesn't want to change XML-RPC for fear of
interoperability problems (mostly unfounded I believe, but that's his
stance).

--
Skip Montanaro (skip at pobox.com)
(847)971-7098