Language change and code breaks

Courageous jkraska1 at san.rr.com
Tue Jul 24 01:37:57 EDT 2001

On Mon, 23 Jul 2001 14:37:06 -0600, Travis Oliphant <oliphant at ee.byu.edu> wrote:

>> > As a member of this group, who is especially fond of Python for how
>> > easy it is to pick up where I left off days or weeks before, I would
>> > very much prefer a case *insensitive* language with tools that
>> > enforce *uniform* case usage.

This would annoy the hell out of me, as I use and will continue to use
vim as my primary code editor. Anyone who builds a development
environment which requires specialized tools for the environment --
-- even if the requirement is indirect because things don't function quite
right without the tools --  loses my business forthright.

The moment using "tools" with Python becomes an essential part of
creating Python programs, the language is dead to me. All of this
pent-up rancor of mine comes with my open contempt for Lisp environ-
ments which more or less simply require you to use Emacs.

Puke-o-rama.

C//