Limiting thread intruction count

Neil Macneale mac4-devnull at theory.org
Sat Jul 7 06:00:19 EDT 2001

Is there a way to limit the number of instructions executed by a thread
to a certain number?  I want to start several threads and give them all
the same number of instructions to work, then have them all stop after
they have reached that point.  Then I would like to resume all of those
threads again for another 'round' of instruction batches.

The idea is that I have a game where people play there code against
others, and I would like to have some granularity in the number of
intructions each thread executes in a given time frame.

I think this may be impossible, but any suggestions would be great!

Neil Macneale

--
To reply to me via email, remove the '-devnull' from my address.