Threading.Event w/ timeout veeeeeery slow on win32?

Ville Vainio vvainio at karhu.tp.spt.fi
Wed Jul 11 03:53:54 EDT 2001

I'm using a Threading.Event object. When I specify a timeout for
wait(), it takes almost 1 second for the thread that is wait()'ing to
wake up when I kick the Event obj with a set(). I know I could get
around this by creating a thread to perform set()'s periodically, but
since this slowness is not mentioned in the documentation I was
wondering whether I have misunderstood something.

I'm using Python 2.1.

--
Ville Vainio - http://www.tp.spt.fi/~vvainio - ICQ #115524762
 Wild geese have no intention to cast a reflection