a break for comprehensions

phawkins at connact.com phawkins at connact.com
Fri Jul 27 13:45:37 EDT 2001

PH> In my post I was attempting to point out that I find list
PH> comprehensions less readable than the equivalent, longer but
PH> more explicit while loop version, not that one list comprehension
PH> is more or less cryptic than another.

Personally, as soon as I saw list comprehensions, I found them
splendidly, instantly readable -- so long as they aren't nested, I can
read them at a glance, where it takes me just a little longer to
comprehend all of a loop.  This is certainly true for the examples
we've been looking at.  So I think this just has to do with how one's
mind works.

and-no-I-don't-find-perl-at-all-readable-ly yr's
Patricia
--
Patricia J. Hawkins
Hawkins Internet Applications, LLC