PEP: Procedure for Adding New Modules (please comment)

Aahz Maruch aahz at panix.com
Fri Jul 6 22:21:57 EDT 2001

In article <9i1pd8$8ei$1 at newshost.accu.uu.nl>,
Martijn Faassen <m.faassen at vet.uu.nl> wrote:
>David Goodger <dgoodger at bigfoot.com> wrote:
>> Martijn:
>>>
>>> The library PEP differs from a normal standard track PEP in that
>>> the reference implementation should in this case always already
>>> have been written before the PEP is to be reviewed; the reference
>>> implementation _is_ the proposed contribution.
>>
>> By "to be reviewed" do you mean "to be decided upon by the
>> Integrators"? Or "to be released to the Python community for
>> comment"? I hope the former.  Please clarify.
>
>The former, I shall clarify, thank you.

Actually, I think it should be both, just as with all standard PEPs.
That is, the PEP is reviewed and commented upon by the community, but
the Integrators (as proxies for Guido, BDFL) make the final decision
about whether to include it.

Hugs and backrubs -- I break Rule 6                 http://www.rahul.net/aahz/

So much Astroglide.  So little time.