Discussions and developing

Roman Suzi rnd at onego.ru
Sun Jul 1 05:49:38 EDT 2001

On Sun, 1 Jul 2001, Nick Perkins wrote:

>The newsgroup is a bit like an evolving ecosystem.  A certain balance is
>achieved by the fact that really dumb questions generate fewer and shorter
>In turn, the level of response may influence whether (and how often) similar
>questions are asked in the future.

Certainly. I do not complain about newbies questions. I just see like lot
of energy is spent in discussions which go round and round, like
discussion about a += 1.

It's like a positional war and is very boring... I think maillist is not
right technology for this kind of discussions. Maybe Wiki is more
appropriate and productive: no need to quote, counter-arguments could be
put right after arguments without need to look thru quotings or lots of
earlier posts. Also less typing ;-)

Sincerely yours, Roman Suzi
--
_/ Russia _/ Karelia _/ Petrozavodsk _/ rnd at onego.ru _/
_/ Sunday, July 01, 2001 _/ Powered by Linux RedHat 6.2 _/