ActivePython ASP comobject.getCOMObject() does not work

Jochen Riekhof jochen at riekhof.de
Thu Jul 19 11:11:04 EDT 2001

Hello...

I am trying to convert some of my VBScript ASPPages to python, but I hang on
this one:

I need to use an existant registered dbaccess com object to get
ADODB.Recordsets back.
The retrieval of my dbaccess object works fine:
import win32com.client
def getRecordset():
    pctRead = win32com.client.Dispatch("OrboPCT.OrboPCTRead")
    return
pctRead.QryMeasurementsByMachineTypeID(Application("OrboPCTConnection"), 2)

rst = getRecordset()

Now, I want to use the recordset:
rst.MoveFirst()

and get the following error:
Python ActiveX Scripting Engine (0x80020009)
Traceback (innermost last): File "<Script Block >", line 5, in ?
rst.MoveFirst() AttributeError: 'tuple' object has no attribute 'MoveFirst'
/OrboPCT/pytest.asp, Zeile 15
rst.MoveFirst()

What can I do to access the Recordset object properly?

Thanks

...Jochen Riekhof