win32gui

Mark Hammond MarkH at ActiveState.com
Mon Jul 2 08:20:41 EDT 2001

Thomas Heller wrote:

> All this (basically) works, the window is shown,
> but nothing is printed from the test function.
> Wading with the debugger through the code, it seems
> the 'test' function is never called.
> The reason seems to be that the default window-proc
> from win32gui is called, and SetClassLong() is never
> called with 'test' as the parameter.
> Has anyone got this to work? Am I doning something wrong?

It is supposed to work, but I can't find any example code.  Internally
it shouldn't be calling SetClassLong(); there is lots of magic in
win32gui that finds the correct WndProc to call - which may be either a
function or message-map.  The win32gui taskbar demo has a message map.
Looking in the debugger at references to "obFuncOrMap" should give you a
clue - in the standard sample this will be a dictionary, and in your
example it should be a simple function.

Mark.