Launching Python from Python

Jay O'Connor oconnor at bioreason.com
Fri Jul 27 16:29:23 EDT 2001

chris liechti wrote:

> do you realy need separate python interpreters?
> you could "import" the other module and run the main function in a thread
> look at the module "Threading".

Yes.  Because the two processes communicate by sockets.  They are
essentially in a client/server relationship and eventually be
potentially on seperate machines with.  However, for now they are
running on one machine with and the 'client' just launching the 'server'
(as part of its own startup) before opening the communication.
Eventually, I will remove the launching code as it will be assumed the
server is running semi-continously

Take care,

Jay O'Connor
oconnor at bioreason.com