Is Python Dead?

Alex Martelli aleaxit at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 2 01:41:44 EDT 2001

"Chris Gonnerman" <chris.gonnerman at newcenturycomputers.net> wrote in message
> When am I forced?  Sadly it seems that integrating any other language
> directly into MS Access is out of the question.  (Am I wrong?  Someone
> please tell me if I am!)

Depends what you mean by "directly".  With COM and ActiveScripting,
it's generally not a problem to use Python or other AS-compliant languages
with any Office or other Automation-enabled app, albeit with a simple
passage through VBA or VBScript.

> The only other time is when I must work with dBase tables... but I would
> hardly typify that as not being "good database support".

http://www.stud.ifi.uio.no/~larsga/download/python/
or mxODBC + the dBase/clipper/foxpro ODBC drivers, or...?

Alex