Language change and code breaks

Guido van Rossum guido at python.org
Thu Jul 26 09:44:41 EDT 2001

Jerome Alet <alet at unice.fr> writes:

> Guido van Rossum wrote:
> > But never mind, I'm giving up on making *Python* case-insensitive.
> > The hostility of the user community is frightening.
>
> Don't forget than Dictators, Benevolent of not, often die in a lot of
> blood because their "user community" is angry ;-)
>
> (just a joke, of course)

Given the very real and insistent complaints and threats in this group
by others referring my "dictatorship", I don't find your joke funny.

I didn't choose the title, and I have never done anything to force
anyone to use Python.  In fact, I have fought (you have no idea how
hard) over a license that is so liberal that at any point in time
anybody can start a code fork of their own.