Eiffel better than Python ?

Greg Jorgensen gregj at pdxperts.com
Mon Jul 9 02:11:43 EDT 2001

"I read that Burger King is better than McDonalds. Should I stop eating at
McDonalds and jump on the Burger King bandwagon?"

Are you able to learn more than one programming language? I find that
knowing a variety of languages, and learning new ones that look promising,
is a most practical approach. To feed myself and my family I find SQL,
Visual Basic, VBScript, C/C++, and Java very useful things to know. When I
am free to choose the implementation language (which frequently means I'm
not getting paid) I choose Python almost all of the time. I used to make
good money and even have some fun with Fortran, COBOL, and x386 assembly
language, but demand for those has fallen off recently, so I'm glad I
"jumped on the C bandwagon" when I did.

If I had to choose one language to use for the rest of my life I would
certainly put Python on the short list. Fortunately the world is bigger than
that, and I'm blessed with the ability to program capably in several
programming languages at a time.

Greg Jorgensen
PDXperts LLC
Portland, Oregon, USA