Language change and code breaks

Rod Haper rhaper at houston.rr.com
Sat Jul 21 15:05:26 EDT 2001

jorjun wrote:

> Aahz Maruch wrote:
> > i'M aFraId i doN't UnDerStaNd wHy YoU THinK caSE-InsENsitIvitY miGhT bE
> > A gOoD idEA.
> > --
> Currently if I import a module and the identifiers lOoK_lIkE_ThIs
> then I have to precisely follow the ugly conventions in my own code.

You're not really "stuck" with the imported names.  You could use "from
<> import <> as <>" or just assign your own names to the imported
references.  It's extra effort but if it really bugs you enough, you can
assign and use names that you prefer.

--
"Okay, okay!  So it works in practice.  But will it work in theory?"