Maintaining the Python FAQ

Alex Martelli aleaxit at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 13 07:35:57 EDT 2001

"Grant Edwards" <grante at visi.com> wrote in message
news:slrn9ksn6c.jl.grante at tuxtop.visi.com...
> >To print it, so it can be read while I'm away from the net?
> Away from the net?
> Huh? Why would you ever be away from the net?  ;)

There isn't much net-connectivity on the buses I take to
commute between work and home.  So I make sure I have all
the materials I may need, to make productive use of that
couple of hours per day, in a local copy on my ultralight
laptop.  Until a couple of months ago, when I didn't have
a laptop light and small enough to allow sensible use on
a small seat in a crowded bus, I used to have to sacrifice
dead trees to Athena, Goddess of Wisdom (aka "printing")
for similar purposes.

Alex