Changing default font in idle/linux

myself twofingersalute at atl.mediaone.net
Thu Jul 5 22:14:56 EDT 2001

In article <tk5di6614baj06 at corp.supernews.com>, "Stephen Boulet"
<spboulet at speakeasy.net> wrote:

> To reply to my own post, I found out about:
>
>   /usr/lib/python2.1/site-packages/idle/config-unix.txt
>
> but my fonts still look bad. Maybe it's an issue with kde and
> anti-aliasing, but the letters look jagged. Any help appreciated.
>
> Stephen Boulet wrote:

all I can suggest is a search on fonts in Google Groups, particularly
alt.os.linux.mandrake- for posts on font issues; mine look OK (not great)
w/ LM7.2, python2.1-5, AA enabled (of course AA only applies to KDE apps,
but having it enabled seems to cause some probs. for non-kde apps). Also,
try similar search comp.windows.x.kde and:

http://www.mail-archive.com/expert@linux-mandrake.com/

http://www.mail-archive.com/cooker@linux-mandrake.com/

http://www.mail-archive.com/newbie%40linux-mandrake.com/

http://lists.kde.org/

you'll find a ton of posts, hopefully one will apply to your particular
setup- LM ver, vid card, KDE/QT ver, etc. How do fonts look in other
non-kde apps?? Sorry this is best I can do, hope it helps.....