how saving/retreiving python code from DB ?

Skip Montanaro skip at pobox.com
Wed Jul 18 12:18:58 EDT 2001

    vincent> I'm looking for a module that allow us to store/import python
    vincent> code into DB (bsddb for example) instead of a file.

    Alex> You can write your own version of __import__ ...

I believe there was a custom __import__ floating around at one time that
allowed imports from zipfiles (part of some sort of freeze tool that Fredrik
Lundh wrote, perhaps?).  If that code can be located, it would probably
serve as a useful template for importing code from other structured files.
Sorry, my memory is foggy on the details.

--
Skip Montanaro (skip at pobox.com)
http://www.mojam.com/