Language change and code breaks

Sibylle Koczian Sibylle.Koczian at Bibliothek.Uni-Augsburg.de
Thu Jul 26 09:35:58 EDT 2001

Piet van Oostrum wrote:

> SK> But that's exactly what he says! Algol 60 was before C, as far as I
> SK> know, and case-insensitive as was normal at the time.
>
> Sorry, I meant to say that Algol 60 was case sensitive.
> --

Really? Must have overlooked that: we used teletype machines, no
lowercase letters anyway (where all the keywords uppercase or what?).
Wish I'd kept those yellow punched tapes, they'd look nice on my
pinboard ...

--
----
Dr. Sibylle Koczian

Tel.: (0821) 598-2400, Fax : (0821) 598-2410
e-mail : Sibylle.Koczian at Bibliothek.Uni-Augsburg.DE