Future division patch available (PEP 238)

Skip Montanaro skip at pobox.com
Wed Jul 25 09:23:25 EDT 2001

    Stephen> I assume some applications ignore the standard *.py filename
    Stephen> convention - hopefully rare enough to handle other ways, or
    Stephen> maybe a case for allowing a command line option in addition.

When I install a script into /usr/local/bin it loses its extension
altogether.  So, while I edit fmail.py in my development directory, it's
installed as /usr/local/bin/fmail.  I assume that's fairly common practice.
It certainly is outside the Python community.

--
Skip Montanaro (skip at pobox.com)
http://www.mojam.com/