Deposing Dictators

James Logajan JamesL at Lugoj.Com
Wed Jul 25 23:21:59 EDT 2001

David Goodger wrote:
> Go ahead, keep Python the way you like it. Nobody's forcing you to upgrade.

True. No one is threatening anyone's physical well being. If someone uses
augmented assignment or list comprehensions in a module or an application,
and I find that might be a useful module or application, that technically
isn't *forcing* me to upgrade from 1.5.2. I could edit it. I could write my
own module or application. If I come on and complain about some bug or
problem in 1.4 and am told to upgrade to fix it, there is no force involved
there.

So technically you are correct.