Maintaining the Python FAQ

Bengt Richter bokr at accessone.com
Sat Jul 7 07:32:42 EDT 2001

On Fri, 06 Jul 2001 15:50:35 GMT, Guido van Rossum <guido at python.org>
wrote:

>Oleg Broytmann <phd at phd.fep.ru> writes:
>
>> On Fri, 6 Jul 2001, Guido van Rossum wrote:
>> > Hm.  To what extent is the current FAQ wizard a problem for its
>>
>>    For me the biggest problem is not the FAQ Wizard, but FAQ.html - it is
>> too big. 270K is too big for the Net. Let us split it intopages.
>
>Huh?  The FAQ wizard gives you plenty of ways to access individual
>items or sections.  Why would you ever download the whole FAQ?

Make coffee while downloading, then when it's on disk, you can
follow links _quickly_ and pleasantly (assuming separate html pages
for topics, and downloading them as a zipped archive).

Also, it's nice to be able to get to stuff even when the net is
bogged down. You must have a good reliable fast link ;-)