greenbeen seeks advice

wyatt stafford wyatts at onr.com
Fri Jul 13 13:46:23 EDT 2001

I looked through about 15 different articles/URLs, etc doing language
comparisons, and the code examples, when available, on Python were usually
shorter, and seemed to be easier to follow (ok, maybe "follow" is a
charitable description of my current ability).  Also, I found copies of the
two books mentioned earlier and found they both contained compelling,
persuasive arguements in favor of Python.  Finally, I like the TV shows,
movies, etc of Monty Python.

wy

"Lindstrom Greg - glinds" <Greg.Lindstrom at acxiom.com> wrote in message
> Welcome to the club!  I am curious as to how you decided on Python?
> IM(NS)HO, it is one of the best languages for just about all applications
> ('cept MUDs :-).  My daughter (age 10) has worked through the "How to
Think
> Like a Computer Scientist" (Python edition), and to my amazement, wrote a
> program to find all of the words in a word-search puzzle she was doing
(OK,
> it needed *some* more work, but I found it to be a great effort).
>
> Come in on, and ask lots of questions!
>
> Greg Lindstrom
> Acxiom Corporation,                    mail: CWY10011149
> InfoBase Products Development                  office: (501) 342-1626
> 301 Industrial Blvd, Conway, AR, 72032     fax:     (501) 336-3911
> email: Greg.Lindstrom at acxiom.com
>
> "When the solution is simple, God has spoken"
>
>                                                             Albert
Einstein

After
> some research I selected Python as a good place to start.  I bought "Learn
> to Program using Python" (Gauld) and "Quick Python" (Harms/McDonald).
Also