OO misconceptions

Aahz Maruch aahz at panix.com
Sun Jul 15 22:13:57 EDT 2001

In article <slrn9l4h8v.p58.tim at vegeta.ath.cx>,
Tim Hammerquist <timmy at cpan.org> wrote:

>All very good points. I have certain reservations, tho.  I dread
>waiting for Microsoft Word to startup as it is, written in compiled C++.
>I fear for the speed of anything of that scale and complexity
>implemented in Python.

Maybe.  Maybe not.  Maybe the algorithms would be sufficiently better
and the code enough smaller that the Python version of Word would be
*faster*.  You'd probably want the actual edit buffer and the screen
painting done in C/C++ (just as in a game), but the rest of it...?

Hugs and backrubs -- I break Rule 6                 http://www.rahul.net/aahz/

"How come we choose from just two people for President but more than 50
for Miss America?"  --AEN