BASIC or Python?

Ken Seehof kens at sightreader.com
Tue Jul 10 13:11:04 EDT 2001

From: "Benjamin.Altman" <benjamin.altman at noaa.gov>
> stremler at rohan.sdsu.edu wrote:
>
> > I'll just quote:
> >
> >    This is also one reason I dislike Python. Indentation is part of the
> >    documentation of the program, and as such it shouldn't be parsed by
the
> >    compiler.                             -- Peter da Silva (September
1999)

> Who cares?  The above is just personal opinion and preference like
everything else - not a rule or
> law.

Uh, yeah.  So indentation, like all documentation, should be possibly
inconsistent with actual program behaviour.  I get it :-)

While we're at it, doc strings are obviously documentation and should not be
parsed by the compiler.  Variable names are also documentation; a dubious
concept added by Assembler.  It's much better to access variables by machine
address to avoid burdening the compiler with excess documentation :-)