Any Suggestions for an Editor with MS-Windows ?

Neil Hodgson nhodgson at bigpond.net.au
Tue Jul 24 19:41:21 EDT 2001

Geoff Talvola:
> At 03:43 PM 7/24/01 +0000, Robert Amesz wrote:
>
> >SciTE Edit (I believe the URL is something like www.scintilla.org) is
> >pretty nice for us Pythoneers. If only it could open multiple files...
>
> SciTE _can_ open multiple files if you configure it properly!
> You just have to edit some of the settings in
> SciTEGlobal.properties.  I think I had to make the tabbar
> visible and increase the number of buffers, or something
> along those lines.

   You can either add a line to the global properties file:
buffers=10
   or do this on the command line:
SciTE -buffers=10
   10 buffers is the maximum currently available. This is caused by needing
to dimension UI elements and 10 makes it easy to assign accelerator keys.

   The reason this is the default is that I use SciTE in single document
mode and start extra processes if there is a need for having multiple files
open. There are still some bugs with multiple buffers although these are not
serious problems.

   An alternate set of properties files which sets up multiple buffers is
available from Philippe Lhoste's site:
http://jove.prohosting.com/~philho/softwares/PhiLhoSoft/SciTE/index.html

   Neil