Is Python Dead? Long Live Python!

CyberKat ajp at fudokai.org.uk
Tue Jul 10 08:31:14 EDT 2001

Peter Hansen <peter at engcorp.com> wrote in message news:<3B4A66D3.AD4B29D9 at engcorp.com>...
> Lindstrom Greg - glinds wrote:
<snip>

> I recommend a persistent onslaught of griping about current tools,
> constant pointing out of how superior Python would be in a given problem
> situation, projections that a new development could take M months of work
> in a more typical language but only N months were it written in Python,
> whining at the difficulty of maintaining code in another language,
> and periodic forwarding of links and articles showing how companies
> with more cohones than yours are achieving significant successes with
> Python (especially any near competitors).

<snip>

Nice - I just have to find the _time_ to learn Python well enough to
point out where and how it's better - I like the look and concepts of
Python (tho' I'd like some sort of strong typing option [constrictor
maybe ;-) ] ) but I just don't have enough hours on the d**n day to
get deep enough into it. Like any other language it's not until you're
deep into a major app with it that you find out its strengths and
weaknesses.
Alan