Language change and code breaks

Courageous jkraska1 at san.rr.com
Wed Jul 25 20:41:44 EDT 2001

On Wed, 25 Jul 2001 17:09:09 -0400, "Tim Peters" <tim.one at home.com> wrote:

>[Guido van Rossum]
>> But never mind, I'm giving up on making *Python* case-insensitive.
>> The hostility of the user community is frightening.

I would gladly shell out hefty developer fees for a Python which performed
within a small order of magnitude C speeds. I'm keeping a close eye one
QKS at the moment for just that reason. At work, I'd easily pull strings for
a $1000 developer platform to do this; at home, I'd be willing to spend about
$250.

I know I'm not alone.

You Python Labs dudes have lost sight of a major impediment to the maturation
of Python, IMO. And if the QKS folks are getting the performance improvements
they say they are, it would appear that the allegation that Python speed was
dependent on a first-class type system was just plain wrong.

Don't you guys work on Python all day long? I can only _dream_ of such a
privelege.

C//