python and applications

Aahz Maruch aahz at panix.com
Sat Jul 14 13:25:08 EDT 2001

In article <V%337.677940$166.13952126 at news1.rdc1.bc.home.com>,
tyler spivey <tspivey8 at home.com> wrote:

>could you write a fast mud  in python?
>having a lot of monsters like dikumuds do?

Probably.  Depends what exactly you're trying to do.

>how many blind programmers use python?

No idea.  Python is probably good for blind people because you usually
write less code in Python -- each statement in Python does more.

>and is python just a toy language?

No.

>can it do more or as much as c? could you create a roguelike in it?

Python is different from C.  Python programs to do equivalent work are
almost always shorter than C, but C makes it easier to do low-level
machine manipulation.  Note that it is very easy in Python to make calls
into C libraries.

Hugs and backrubs -- I break Rule 6                 http://www.rahul.net/aahz/

"How come we choose from just two people for President but more than 50
for Miss America?"  --AEN