BASIC or Python?

Manfred Bartz mdadd329ea at xix.com
Mon Jul 9 22:40:31 EDT 2001

stremler at rohan.sdsu.edu writes:

> I'll just quote:
>
>    This is also one reason I dislike Python. Indentation is part of the
>    documentation of the program, and as such it shouldn't be parsed by the
>    compiler.                             -- Peter da Silva (September 1999)

That is *his* opinion and probably yours too.

Well, don't use Python then.  Find another language, one that you like
and be happy.

Personally I think making the indentation style part of the language
is pure genius.  With Python I can understand someone else's code
without having to re-format the hairy passages first.

--
Manfred