Language change and code breaks

Steve Holden sholden at holdenweb.com
Wed Jul 11 11:39:33 EDT 2001

"Guido van Rossum" <guido at python.org> wrote in message
news:cplmlvh6dx.fsf at cj20424-a.reston1.va.home.com...
> Very good sumary, Terry.  I'm beginning to get second thoughts about
> integer division -- maybe it's better to leave well enough alone, and
> try to fix areas of the language that could really stand some fixing
> (such as subclassing built-in types).

[muted cheering is heard in the background]

I regard your ability to recognize and respond to intelligent criticism as
an even better demonstration of your greatness than the excellent language
design and implementation abilities you continue to put into Python.

That fact that *I* was unable to convince you leaves me feeling somewhat
chastened about the qualities of my own criticism, however :-)

regards
 Steve
--
http://www.holdenweb.com/