Maybe I can help..

Lindstrom Greg - glinds Greg.Lindstrom at acxiom.com
Wed Jul 4 09:20:01 EDT 2001

Greetings-

Thought I am a software engineer by day, I have been working with a local
university's mathematics department in numerical methods research in my
spare time (helps keep my mind sharp). My current task is to compute man/max
and derivatives of massive (10,000 - 1,000,000 terms) functions which are
non separable.  We are using Maple to spit out C code, but I am very
interested in doing my work in Python; however I did not notice SIGs for
either numerical python or scientific python.  If any of you are into this
type of thing, or if any of you would be willing to give me some pointers on
numerical research, particularly concerning the above topics (I received a
MS in numerical methods, but that was in 1990 and I have since "officially"
left the field) please feel free to contact me at yuba at cyberback.com.  I
plan to create python modules to help with various mathematical tasks (I
might start with Simpson's rule :-)

Thanks!

Greg Lindstrom
Acxiom Corporation,                    mail: CWY10011149
InfoBase Products Development                  office: (501) 342-1626
301 Industrial Blvd, Conway, AR, 72032     fax:     (501) 336-3911
email: Greg.Lindstrom at acxiom.com

"When the solution is simple, God has spoken"

                                                            Albert Einstein