ADO Events with win32com

angusm nmack at pacbell.net
Sat Jul 21 10:40:17 EDT 2001

I think the problem is that COM (or ADO?)requires you to define all
the event handlers for the interface in your class:

"All the event handlers in the ConnectionEvent ... must be
implemented, regardless of whether you actually use events. " MSDN

that is, if you use one you have to define the rest (though presumably
you can bet by with a "pass" implementation). The same goes for
Recordset events.

The ADO type library generated by makepy has the prototypes you need.

Angus