Changing the Division Operator -- PEP 238, rev 1.12

Arthur Siegel ajs at ix.netcom.com
Tue Jul 31 20:38:29 EDT 2001

Bruce writes -

> I think you are missing something...
> If you were designing a control system for the `toys', and needed to
> expose a user level programming interface; would you be more likely to
> choose languages C+S or language P (which can do both jobs)
> [C+S == P, of course].
>
> Unless CP4E is done as a "semantic game" with a larger language,
> language P will never exist.

Or else I am expressing myself badly and you are missing something
of my point.

Let's take one little such toy.  A calculator. One that does undisguised
Python numerics - 3/4 = 0, 3.0/4 = .75.

But let's give them 2 different names.  One is called the Python
Calculator and the other the Python Numeric Type Calculator.

One is sadly broken and the other works perfectly - but they are
exactly the same little toy.

If you see my wonderfully made little point.

ART