Which Python version to code for?

Steve Horne sh at ttsoftware.co.uk
Mon Jul 23 12:33:08 EDT 2001

On 20 Jul 2001 16:33:54 -0700, aahz at panix.com (Aahz Maruch) wrote:

>Essentially, I'm arguing that it's "reasonable" to require a developer
>to install a current version of a software package, but it's not
>reasonable to so require an end user.

One proviso - install a shell script/alias/whatever that knows which
version of Python to run - some machines have several versions
installed, and the default isn't always going to be the one you want.

BTW - is there any way to register for advance info and early versions
- I'm particular interested in the SCons among all the build tools (I
hate make and I desperately hate the non-standard nature of current
alternatives) but I've been disappointed with the limited info on the
SC site.

--
Steve Horne
Home : steve at lurking.demon.co.uk