File processing

Ken Seehof kens at sightreader.com
Tue Jul 10 05:39:22 EDT 2001

Oops you need this:

import os

path = r'D:\Dev\junk' # put your directory here

for fname in os.listdir(path):  # list of files in your directory
    fname = os.path.join(path, fname) # add the directory to the file name
    f = open(fname, 'r')
    lines = f.readlines()       # reads a list of lines
    f.close()
    f = open(fname, 'w')
    f.writelines(lines[1:])     # writes all but the first line
    f.close()