BLT through Pmw

Dave Porter dporter at draper.com
Tue Jul 10 11:07:34 EDT 2001

"Reggie Dugard" <reggie at merfinllc.com> wrote in message news:<mailman.993837132.26613.python-list at python.org>...
> Volker,
>
> I've just been catching up with my e-mail and I didn't see any response
> to your question, so I thought I'd put in my 2 cents.  I'm not sure if
> this is the "correct" way, but this is how I got it to work.
>
> I installed BLT under the tcl directory found in the standard python
> distribution.  I then moved tcl\lib\tcl8.3\blt2.4 up to
> tcl\tcl8.3\blt2.4 so that the pkgIndex.tcl file could be found by TCL.
> I also made sure that the tcl\bin directory is in the path so that the
> DLL's could be found.
>
> I played with this a while before I got it to work and this method is a
> kludge, so if you find a cleaner way to do the install, I'd appreciate
> it if you'd pass it on.
>
> I hope this helps; good luck!
>
> Reggie Dugard
>
> Merfin, LLC                             Voice:  925-937-4560
> 1460 Maria Lane, Suite 420              FAX:    925-937-4530
> Walnut Creek, CA 94596                  Mailto:reggie at merfinllc.com

Volker Dobler
   Install the Python 2.1 distribution from Sourceforge WITHOUT Tcl.
Just unselect Tcl when prompted. Then install Tcl/Tk8.3.3 from
http://dev.scriptics.com/. I installed Tcl into the Python21
directory. Install
PMW and BLT (both into \Python21) and everything should work fine. The
Tcl which is part of a Python distribution is doing something which
breaks the PMW/BLT connection so the easiest solution is don't use it.
  Regards
  Dave Porter