Tkinter vs wxPython: your opinions?

Neil Cerutti cerutti at together.net
Fri Jan 26 08:42:49 EST 2001

Geoff Talvola posted:
>* wxPython is much faster (once it's loaded).

I sort of suspected that. ;-)

>As you can see, I was able to work around some of the issues
>above, but with wxPython I won't have to work around them;
>things will work as people to expect them to work in the Windows
>world.  At least I hope so -- I haven't converted yet!

I bet wxPython would save GUI rookies like me from a lot of
interface mistakes in my design too, since it's not nearly as
easy to tweak every little widget, allowing me to accidentally
write a very non-intuitive app.

--
Neil Cerutti <cerutti at together.net>
"If you're gonna score 125 points in a game, you've only got to