Python and Industry, IBM I'm afraid

Grant Edwards grante at visi.com
Tue Jan 16 12:26:36 EST 2001

In article <3A63D9E8.F9B74ACE at mjs400.co.uk>, Pete wrote:

>I say this because in the rarified atmosphere of this newsgroup
>(hee hee) an ignorant observer might well think that Python
>thrives only in academy land.

Judging by the types of the questions and e-mail addresses, I
think that relatively few of the Python users are in academia
-- at least compared with many other languages (Scheme, for
example).  Most Python users seem to be concerned with getting
actual work done.  Python may be hiding in the corners of
Industry, but it's there.  How many Universities teach Python?

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow!  I am covered with
                                  at               pure vegetable oil and I am