mxTools (was Re: why no "do : until"?)

Simon Brunning SBrunning at trisystems.co.uk
Thu Jan 11 04:46:43 EST 2001

> From:	Max Møller Rasmussen [SMTP:maxm at normik.dk]
> From: Oleg Broytmann [mailto:phd at phd.pp.ru]
> >   Anyone here has any doubts that at least mxDateTime simply MUST be in
> >the Python core? :)
> No that would be a great idea, but doesn't the license prevent that?

As far as I can see, mxDateTime doesn't have restrictions in its license -
it's mxODBC which does.

Is this right, Marc?

*Both* of these are essential to me personally. I also use Marc's additional
built-ins, but they are really just a nice to have. (*Very* nice, but still
just nice.)

So, if this were a democracy, which it isn't, I'd vote for mxDateTime to
definitely go in, for someone to think about the additional built-ins, and
for mxODBC to stay separate.

As it is, though, it's a one-man-one-vote system. Guido is the man, he has
the vote. So we'll just have to wait and see...

Cheers,
Simon Brunning
TriSystems Ltd.
sbrunning at trisystems.co.uk