embedded python - cancel "while 1: pass"

Warren Postma embed at NO_SPAM_PLEASE.geocities.com
Thu Jan 4 11:18:07 EST 2001

Okay, I have a worse case than WHILE 1: PASS

How about uninterruptible C code called via python, such as this:

print 2L ** 2L ** 256

I've let this run for 15 minutes and it didn't complete. There is no
apparent way to abort it either, as it spends its time in long_mult and the
Python scheduler doesn't even run. It must complete eventually. Any idea how
long long_mult and long_pow will take to complete this?

In that case, I think I'm still stuck with the Three Finger Salute method
(reboot).

Warren