2001 Enchancement Wishlist

Moshe Zadka moshez at zadka.site.co.il
Fri Jan 5 20:30:01 EST 2001

I've made it a point to stay out of this thread. However,
one small point.

On Fri, 5 Jan 2001, "Alex Martelli" <aleaxit at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Recognizing (e.g.) a "def __setattr__" at module-level as providing
> a similar function to a similarly-named method in a class instance
> would (in my opinion) not 'complicate' the Python language: it would
> just extend an already-existing concept

For the record, I'm heavily +1 on the concept. Sadly it's sure
not to make it to 2.1, as the PEP deadline is due. But you can
write a PEP which will be considered for 2.2.

--
Moshe Zadka <sig at zadka.site.co.il>
This is a signature anti-virus.